Tuesday 31 January 2012

NOTD - French pink & ELF Twinkle


Recently, I've really been loving neutral, soft nails that are just a little bit different.


 I placed my first order on E.L.F a few days ago (video haul to come soon) and ordered 4 of their nail varnishes one of them in Twinkle. It was only £1 so I thought I'd give it ago. It's not the best quality varnish in the world but it considering the price, it was an absolute bargain! I find that whilst the glitter in this is nice, the varnish itself has a weird semi-matte finish which isn't to my liking so I like to use a top coat over the top as well. 



I just used two coats of classic french pink, added a layer of Twinkle and then finished with a layer of my Seche Vite Top Coat (which is almost out - sob!). I really love the tiny iridescent flecks of pinkish-blue glitter and I think it adds just a bit of interest to an otherwise boring nail colour. What's your favourite varnish combinations of the moment? Comment below :)


Heather xo

10 comments:

  1. beautiful nails!!!!amazing blog!!!i'm following you!!if you like mine do the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that colour its stunning, its on my to buy list. great blog hun now following x

    http://www.dream1ncolour.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty combination, so easy to do as well :). Thanks for the follow :) xo

      Delete
  3. This nail polish is really pretty! I may have to invest in some! x

    http://thetwiningvine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really cute isn't it? :) The elf varnish is so cheap, it'd be rude not to haha. xo

      Delete
  4. wow they are amazing! I have to get some elf nail polishes!

    love,x
    http://elliebeaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do ittt! If you follow the Elf warehouse distributors on twitter (weird, I know) then they sometimes do special codes for free delivery too! xo

      Delete
  5. I own this and love it too! I wear it the same way as you. I have the gold one too and use that on top of other colours. I adore all ELF nail polishes!

    Love the blog a lot, and I have followed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, how is the gold one? Any other base colours you use this one with? I did see that but for some reason didn't get it. I have just purchased a gold HEX glitter varnish today though which I'm super excited to try! xox

      Delete