Monday 30 January 2012

January Glossy Box

I'm not really in to girly pink colours, I'm more of a greens, browns and golds kinda gal. However, today's post is in fact super girly and super pink and super lovely!
My January Glossy Box arrived this morning; Valentine's themed in a hot pink box the theme is pretty in pink. I love the Glossy Box box itself and this one will make a very cute addition to my ever-growing make-up storage collection. What's more exciting is that I resisted looking on beauty blogs before I got my box so everything was a total surprise (especially my self-restraint)!






EYEKO Skinny eyeliner in Plum - Full sized




I've not tried this out on my eyes yet but it'd describe this colour as a plum colour with just a hint of brown. The box says it's a "long-lasting wax based formula with a blendable cream finish". It'd say that's pretty much spot on but I have swatched on my hand and I'm not sure how long lasting it will actually be.


ORLY Nail Lacquer in Ruby - 5.3ml



Never tried Orly varnish before but I know that some people absolutely love it. This is a sweet little sample sized bottle, perfect for in your handbag or travelling. I love the colour, I do have something similar but I don't think you can ever have enough of this beautiful, classic red shade.


WELEDA One Step Cleanser & Toner - 10ml




Again, another company that I haven't used before but I've been wanting to try the Weleda Skin Food moisturising cream (opinions please!) for a while now so was very pleased to see this in the box. It smells very fresh with a hint of a medical smell (which I happen to like). It's a bit odd putting it on the skin as it doesn't foam like traditional cleansers; I took my make-up off first and then applied this to a slightly damp face and wiped off with a wash cloth. My skin felt absolutely lovely! Smooth and moisturised. Very impressed, I'll continue to use it for a little while but this may well be a future, full sized purchase. 


FAB Gentle Body Wash - 56.7g




If you've had Glossy Box before, you'll remember that there was a FAB face wash in the last box so I was a little surprised to see anther product from them in this box. I must say, I'm not crazy on this product; it has a nice formula and it smells fresh enough but it doesn't blow me away. What I will say is that it doesn't dry my skin out quite as much as some other body washes I've tried in the past. Having said that, it does what it's supposed to and gets me clean! It's also a great size bottle to take in my gym kit. 


MURAD Hybrids Skin Perfecting primer - Dewy Finish - 5ml




Murad isn't a brand that I've heard anything about however this primer is really intriguing. It claims to "create a smooth resilient canvas" whilst minimising pores. When swatched it comes out as quite a dark runny liquid which worries me as I'm incredible fair (NC15 would be my "I've just spent 4 weeks on a holiday to the sun" shade. Maybe that's an exaggeration). It seems to sink in nicely though and does deliver on the dewy finish it promises. However, I've going to reserve judgement on this one for a few weeks.




And that's it! In terms of products that I'll actually use, this month's glossy box has been the best by far! It hasn't made my heart race due to the lack of luxury brands. Having said that though, when I find a product I like in Glossy box, I'm much more likely to buy it full sized so it works for my student purse.


So girls, what do you think of this month Glossy Box? How does it compare to other beauty boxes that you've tried?


Heather xo

5 comments:

  1. I love how everyone seems to have got somethind different with Glossybox this month!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do and I don't. Sometimes I think "Ooooh I'm so glad I got that" then other times I get major product envy! :) xo

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I have to admit I'm glad I didn't get the nail polish in my glossybox as I don't think it could compete against the Deborah Lippmann one last month. Great post :)

    Tia

    xx


    http://bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tia! I loved the colour of the Deborah Lippmann last month but mine took a good 4 coats to get it looking perfect so I expected a bit more than that for a £16 varnish. Having said that, it did look gorrrgeous when it was done :) xo

      Delete
  3. Congrats you have just won an award xxx
    http://bellezzababe.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete