Sunday 19 February 2012

Notd- Deborah Lippmann Valentine's Day nails

So, I'm 4 days late but better late than never. I have been ridiculous busy travelling for job interviews as well as trying to pass my degree so apologies for the lateness of this post!

Even though I'm single, I absolutely love Valentine's day as I see it as a chance to tell the people who mean the most to me that I love them. It is perhaps a little ridiculous but I always send my mum and my best friend's a card. On the big day I was a very lucky girl who was spoilt by my beautiful house mates and I also recieved a very beautiful, unexpected bouquet of flowers from a friend who lives in Holland :).


In honor of the day (and taking advantage of any opportunity to coordinate my nail varnish), I wore the Deborah Lippmann nail varnish that I received in December's Glossy Box. The shade is Razzle Dazzle which is a beautiful blackened raspberry/purple glitter varnish.

3 coats, no top coat. 3 days wear.

I'll be the first to admit that when I did a quick swipe of this at first, I was not in love; the first coat is sheer, unpigmented with glitter and just generally underwhelming, especially considering the packaging feels heavy and good quality. But everyone else in the blogoshere seemed to be raving over it, so where was I going wrong?

However, I realised the secret to lasting love was perseverance. The first coat looks rubbish, the second coat is better but the third coat is to die for. Nails look like they've been dipped in full on in glitter, its got a long lasting formula; I ran out of top coat but I'm on my 3rd day of basically chip-free wear in the picture above and I've been receiving compliments galore!

Down sides? It's £16 a bottle which by anyone's standards is pretty steep for a nail varnish. Not only that but I would expect to achieve the right look in 2 coats for that price. Would I repurchase? No probably not, unless I won the lottery. However, I wouldn't say no to another bottle.

You can buy it at the House of Fraser for £16.

I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's day, single or not. You are loved.

My gift to my house mates, with 'You are loved' inscribed on to the bottom.


8 comments:

  1. Great review - you're right about the first coat it wasn't exactly great but after popping on another 1, 2 then wham it's beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely wrote it off when I first tried it until you commented on another post and mentioned it. It just had to give it a go again! So glad I did now, it's just too pretty! xo

      Delete
  2. the flowers and the nails looking so adorable :)
    really love it!

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! Your blog is so lovely, now following :) xoxo

      Delete
    2. Also, love that we've both basically written the same thing about Valentines day being for loved ones. Great minds ;) xo

      Delete
  3. great nails
    I really like the color.
    and your gift is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is ridiculously lovely! Awh thanks; it's one of those gifts that I kind of wished I'd bought for my self now as well :) xo

      Delete
  4. Beautiful nails, love this color and the glitters ! Also, I love what you wrote about Valentines day and considering it as a day to show love not only to lovers but also to family and friends ! I do agree !!! Kisses

    You're invited to enter  Fashion and Cookies' Glam Girl giveaway to win two amazing make up sets from Benefit and Urban Decay !
    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete