Wednesday 14 March 2012

NOTD - Rimmel Lasting Finish 053 Apricot Punch & Gold Sparkle

Ahh finally, spring has sprung! I smelt my first bout of freshly cut grass a few days ago (is there anything else that encapsulate the smell of summer better?! Answers on a postcard please) and I can finally see the light at the end of this long wintery tunnel. 

In celebration I opted for a beautiful, bright apricot colour from Rimmel paired with a spangley gold flecked varnish from Saffron - which quite frankly has become a bit of an obsession after seeing it on Meg's blog


Isn't that such a pretty pairing? It's much more wearable in the daytime than I expected and when I caught a glimpse of my nails, it gave me a bit of a lift when the clouds inevitably came back.

I used three coats of the Apricot Punch as I wanted the colour to be really opaque but two coats still gave good coverage. The brush isn't the best but it dried quickly between coats unlike other cheap varnishes - *ahem* I'm looking at you E.L.F.

I then used a single coat of Saffron and a coat of a new Sally Hansen top coat. All this, combined with a base coat gave me a very good 4 days wear but it could have lasted longer (I have a terrible habit of peeling off nail varnish when I'm bored in lectures...)

Any other Hex glitter obsessives out there or is it just me? :)

Heather xo



No comments:

Post a Comment